Thursday, July 1, 2010

Giro Donne!

Tomorrow marks the start of the Giro d'Italia Donne, the women's version of the tour of Italy. This year it is being talked up as the hardest women's tour in the world for 2010. Looking at the course profile, I can see why... A mountain-top finish on the Stelvio, the day after a stage finish in Livigno (a town so high up in the mountains that it has duty-free shopping, no kidding)... And more.

The Giro runs for 10 stages, over 10 days. No rest day (they are for wimps and men). Team Australia comprises Emma Mackie, Tiff Cromwell, Shara Gillow, Kirsty Broun, Lauren Kitchen, Carlee Taylor and myself.

I'll do my best to keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. Forza e buona fortuna

    Stive

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I thought it was still a week or two away.

    Good luck Lisa (and team Aus)!

    ReplyDelete