Thursday, May 13, 2010

En route to Belgium

We are currently in the early stages of a 10hr roadtrip from the AIS base in Castronno, Italy, to Leuven, Belgium. We've passed thru Mendrisio, Switzerland (home of the 2009 world road champs) and are now approaching Zurich.

As you can see, the weather is TERRIBLE! No sign of improvement over the next couple of weeks.

In Belgium we'll be racing some kermesses and then sticking around for a week before racing a 1 day in Wallonia (French-speaking Belgium) and a 2 day tour in France.

I have not pulled up well from the long-haul flight and on our first ride in Varese I got some sharp quad pain in my right leg, out of the blue when I got out of the saddle. Beth, the AIS soigneur and physio is looking after me and I'm really hoping it settles down quickly but it is proving a bit stubborn. This was not the plan to start off injured!

No comments:

Post a Comment